Thanks to Melissa from Girly Mama who posted her version of the stirrers after seeing them on Pinterest. Swooooon! These were very easy to make (try pairing them with hot cocoa shown below), and I’ll be stuffing them in stockings, giving them away as holiday hostess gifts, and treating my group of girlfriends at our annual White Elephant holiday party. I also gave these to my lovely co-workers at our work holiday lunch.
— Directions below —
To Make Marshmallow Stirrers, You’ll Need:
– large marshmallows
– chocolate (I used Ghirardelli white and milk chocolate)
– sprinkles, nuts, crushed candy canes, or crushed candy
– straws (I bought paper straws from Amazon, but you can also buy them at Sur La Table), cut each straw in half
– parchment paper
Directions: Marshmallow Stirrers
Step 1: Melt chocolate in a bowl according to package directions.
Step 2: Insert straw into marshmallow.
Step 3: Dip into chocolate then immediately dip into sprinkles, nuts or crushed candy.
Step 4: Dry on parchment paper.
To Make A Hot Chocolate + Marshmallow Combo Kit, You’ll Need:
– instant hot chocolate packs
– ribbon, twine or bakers string
– make your own gift tags or find free printables online (I used these typographic gift tags from Eat Drink Chic)
– saran plastic wrap or fold-top sandwich baggies
– twist ties
– hole puncher
– Scotch double stick tape
– optional: ornaments to tie on (Found mine at Crate and Barrel)
Directions: Gift Wrapping Your TOO CUTE Stirrers
Step 1: Tape gift tag to front of hot cocoa packet leaving the instructions visible on the back.
Step 2: Punch a hole at the top of the cocoa packet, making sure NOT to place a hole where any cocoa can come out.
Step 3: Place two stirrers in a plastic wrap or baggy.
Step 4: Tie shut with a twist tie.
Step 5: String through ornament and hole and make a double knot followed by a pretty bow!