Looking for an easy way to decorate wine glasses? Paint them with a Sparpie Paint Marker! This inexpensive DIY project takes only an hour or two, depending on how many glasses you’re decorating and how long the designs take you. I kept it simple and stuck to squiggles, dots and lines. If you’re not so great at free-hand, print out a picture or word, tape to the inside of the glass, and trace over it with the paint marker. Or make dots.
DIY – Decorate Wine Glasses
– wine glasses (Dollar Store glasses work great!)
– Sharpie Paint Marker in gold (medium tip)
– large cookie sheet
– white vinegar
1. Wash your glasses with soap and water. Let them dry completely.
2. Use a lint-free cloth or paper towel to wipe the glasses where you plan to paint with white vinegar. Allow to dry completely.
3. Shake the marker and test it out on a piece of paper.
4. Decorate the wine glasses with the marker.
6. To make the glasses dishwasher safe, once the paint has dried (give it at least an hour), carefully place glass on cookie sheet lined with tinfoil. Place the cookie sheet in the (cold) oven. You want the heat to increase gradually, otherwise the glass could break if put into a hot oven.
7. Turn the oven to 350ºF degrees. Let the glasses “cook” for 20 minutes and then turn off the heat. Leave glasses in for another 10 minutes, then remove from the oven.
8. Once your glasses have cooled, pour yourself some vino and enjoy!