This post is a little late, but I wanted to share some photos from a trip to wine country my girlfriends and I took back in September. The eight of us were all Napa Valley wine tasting virgins so it was about time we experienced it, especially since we are only about an hour and a half away. The only time that any of us had ever been to the Valley was when one of us went on a hot air balloon there, so we were all super excited for the trip.
I gave each of the girls a gift bag to start off the trip.
Gift Tags: Each gift tag had a different funny wine quote from Pinterest. Here’s a few:
- “The other day someone told me that I could make ice cubes with leftover wine. I was confused… what is leftover wine?” – pin it –
- “A good man can make you feel sexy, strong, and able to take on the world… oh sorry… that’s wine… wine does that…” – pin it –
- “Success is doing doing what you love and making it a career, but I don’t know who will pay me to drink wine while looking at Pinterest.” – pin it –
Corkscrews: It’s always smart to be prepared. Those corkscrews came in handy on the limo ride home when we wanted to open our recently purchased wines.
Decorated Wine Glasses: DIY instructions can be found here.
Wine-tinery: Prior to the trip, I mapped out the top three wineries we wanted to stop at using Google Maps. We figured out the most logical route and made our reservations weeks in advance. I drafted a wine-tinery for each girl and an extra one for our driver so he knew the addresses of where we were going.
– Research the limo company ahead of time. Ours was almost an hour late and has a really bad rep on Yelp.
– Don’t try to squeeze in too many stops throughout the day. You will probably spend at least an hour at each winery.
– Plan ahead! Our day went fairly smooth, but that was thanks to the early planning and mapping out our stops. We made reservations in advance for each winery we wanted to visit. I also downloaded the free Winery Finder & Tasting Finder app from iTunes to know what deals we could get at each stop. The app is a must-have if you are planning on visiting wine country.
– Eat before and bring plenty of water.