I’m sure you’ve come across on Pinterest or somewhere else on the web that hanging eucalyptus in the shower can ease congestion among other things. The scent from eucalyptus makes my bathroom feel more zen-like. The only other greenery I had in the bathroom was Matt’s bar of soap.
Here are a few tips to get the most out of your eucalyptus:
- Use fresh eucalyptus (I picked mine off a tree on a hike)
- Hang it upside down using twine or string
- Take hot showers to really bring out the scent
- Keep all bathroom windows and doors closed to keep the steam (and scent) inside
- Don’t put it directly under running water
I noticed the eucalyptus scent started to fade away after about two weeks. Time to swap out the old and hang up a new one.