This post contains affiliate links.
I recently received Australian Gold SPF 30 Lotion in my Influenster Blossom Voxbox for free just in time for summer. I kept the travel size sunscreen in my purse for the BottleRock festival in Napa, applied it before my company picnic, and slathered it on before a friend’s birthday party. It smells great, goes on smooth like a regular lotion, and it doesn’t leave any white residue.
As you start to plan for your summer activities, here’s five things you shouldn’t leave home without when exploring in the outdoors:
- Sunglasses! You know I’m a HUGE fan of Quay Australia Sunglasses and protecting your eyes. I’m sensitive to bright light so I wear sunnies even in the fog. Sunglasses are the perfect accessory for outdoor play.
- Beach Towel! Whether you’re driving to the coast for a day at the beach or going for a hike in the mountains, a beach towel will probably come in handy, I especially like the new round beach towels, I think they’re better than the ordinary rectangular beach towels, they can double as a picnic blanket as there’s more room to spread things out on them unlike the normal narrow beach towels. I want to explore some new hiking places this summer, especially ones with a waterfall or lake to jump into to so only having to take a round beach towel instead of a beach towel and a picnic blanket will make it a lot easier for me, less to carry in the heat is always a good thing.
- Sunscreen! This is one thing I never leave home without. There’s nothing worse then getting sunburned and having to deal with pealing. Ouch! Check out the whole line of Australian Gold sun care products. Australian Gold SPF 30 Lotion isn’t greasy and absorbs into your skin quickly. (Follow Australian Gold on Twitter)
- Hat! Get extra protection from the sunshine this summer with a cute floppy hat. There are so many available right now (and this one from ASOS is only $29) in all colors and styles.
- Comfy Shoes! I do a lot of walking during the summer and if my feet hurt, I don’t want to do anything. Comfy hiking boots, sneakers, and sandals are a must. Make sure your shoes have good arch support and don’t give you blisters. I’ve found that the Dr. Scholls Rub Relief Stick works great with sandal straps that rub.
About Influenster: Influenster is the go-to destination for trendsetters who want to be rewarded for their influence. Qualified members gain access to the latest products, share their expert opinions and spread the word on their favorite discoveries. Sign up for Influenster here and follow @Influenster on Twitter. #LivetheGoldLife #contest