What a week! I don’t know about you, but this week dragged on even with the Wednesday holiday. To cheer you up, I have an awesome giveaway that you can enter to win a $200 Target Gift Card. Details below. Have a great weekend.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyCatMyMuse #CollectiveBias
Barni, with an I, turned six a couple of months ago and I totally forgot to get him anything for his birthday! As a cat mom, I should remember these things. I also maybe thought he was turning four, but then Facebook alerted me to a post from six years ago when he was just a little kitten. Happy 6th birthday it is!
For his late birthday, I decided to spend a Saturday making him a cat wand. With Matt’s help, we knocked it out in two hours. It probably would have taken half the time, but he was trying to find the drill for and I was searching for a hole puncher. I opted for a pencil instead.
DIY Cat Wand Tutorial
One 3/8″x48” wooden dowel (sawed in half)
Foam sheets (I used fall colors – yellow and orange)
Ribbons, Yarn, and/or Bakers twine
1) Drill a hole about an inch down from the top to push yarn through. I used my Dremel Micro tool.
2) Cut your yarn double the length of the dowel and set aside.
3) Cut the foam sheets with scissors to make them resemble leaves. I cut three leaves for one cat wand.
4) Poke a hole through each of the leaves using a pencil, or if you have one, a mini hole-puncher.
5) Using the yarn that you set aside, pull it through the holes in the leaves and tie a knot. Optional: You can tie a bell on at this point, but Barni didn’t like the loud noise it made so we took it off. You can also make a ball of yarn to attach, which we added on later after we removed the bell.
6) Pull the yarn through the hole in the dowel and tie a knot.
7) To make the end look pretty, use a thick ribbon or yarn to wrap around the top and secure with wood glue.
8) Let dry 20 minutes, then have some fun with your cat!
I love Barni so of course I want him to eat a well-balanced diet. I was really excited to discover Purina Muse® Natural Cat Food because quality is important to me, as is taste for him. If he’s not going to eat it, I can’t feed it to him. That’s why Muse is such an easy choice! It’s a natural product and great tasting so you’ll feel good about giving it to him and he’ll enjoy eating it. Barni’s favorite varieties are the Natural Salmon Recipe and the Natural Chicken Recipe paté. You could say he’s a paté kind of guy.
If your cat is like mine, it’s like clockwork when it’s time to eat and he lets you know. Every afternoon, he will sit next to my computer as I’m working and paw at my wireless mouse until he knocks it off the table. I give in within a few minutes. Can you imagine if adults did that when they were hungry?