Setting goals are important and without writing them down on paper [aka blog] I’d probably forget and not stick with them. So here’s my 24 by 24 list:
- Post this list on by blog by January 31. completed on 1/30/2010!
- Attend South By Southwest.
- Redesign my blog and make it pretty.
- Go on a weekend getaway with just the girls.
- Visit a national park or monument.
- Be craftier; make at least 1 new project a month.
- Visit my grandma in Marin more often. She always has the best stories.
- Get out of debt (damn you school loans!). As of 1/16/2011, my Net Worth was –$713.88. By 24, I want to be out of the negative. Update: I sold my old car and leased a new one, so my net worth is embarrassing now.
- Learn to cook a new main dish for dinner and perfect it.
- Attend a networking event at least once a month.
- No more impulse shopping. Make a list every time!
- Blog on 52 Bands in 52 Weeks more frequently.
- Read one book a month.
- Sign up for Bikram yoga again and do the 10 day challenge.
Find a relative in another country and learn enough about them to write a short story. -great suggestion from @VictorCanada.
- Bake delicious cupcakes that look aesthetically pleasing. [insert picture here]
- Take a road trip.
- Put down the cell phone more often. Or better yet, turn it off sometimes.
- Donate blood.
- Learn how to make fried rice like my friend Gabie’s mom makes.
- Ride on a zipline.
- Cook a four-course meal (and share with a good friend).
- Call someone I haven’t spoken to (in at least 90 days).
- Play golf. So I can say I did it. And hopefully won’t have to ever again.
- FINISH THIS LIST BY THE TIME I TURN 24 on May 5, 2011 (yes, my birthday is Cinco de Mayo and it’s awesome).
@CityMama gave me Sugar Grapefruit Handcream from Love&Toast and I am addicted! This stuff smells SO GOOD that eating it has crossed my mind.
Drinking for a cause ONEHOPE Wine. 50% of all profits donated to charity.
My job (and the fab ladies I work with).
The 2010 World Series champions, the San Francisco Giants!
My mom’s KitchenAid mixer. One day I’ll have my own.
Christian rock band Future of Forestry from southern California. Amazing video below.
Barcelona, a talented indie rock band from Seattle, Washington.
Nanny Goats in Panties hosted an Online White Elephant Gift Exchange Party and I joined in on the fun. This is the first online white elephant I’ve participated and probably won’t be my last – because who doesn’t like opening the mailbox to a package addressed to you? Exactly.
I received my gift in the mail from Pennsylvanian Joanie at Joanie’s Random Rambling. Packaged in fairy wrapping paper, I shook the box and wondered what was inside…
A puzzle that will be perfect for a rainy day. Thanks Joanie.
See what everyone else received for the Online White Elephant Gift Exchange by clicking here.
Silicon Valley Tweetup: Ring in 2011
Date: Monday, January 24
Time: 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Location: Blowfish Sushi To Die For, 355 Santana Row, San Jose
Cost: $10 donation
After a two-month hiatus, Silicon Valley Tweetup is back and better than ever. We’re hosting our first event at Blowfish Sushi To Die For at Santana Row and we’re raising money to benefit the Anissa Lopez Foundation. The Anissa Lopez Foundation is dedicated to supporting George Mark Children’s House, a nonprofit organization that provides the gift of time to children with life-limiting illnesses and their families – time for kids to be just kids and parents to be “mom” and “dad”, instead of round-the-clock caregivers.
As usual we’ll request a minimum $10 donation that will go directly to the charity, and attendees will receive drink tickets and appetizers. And some great networking, of course.
Please RSVP as this helps us plan. We really hope to see you there!
Jennifer, Michael & Gabriel