1) You’re using regular mascara underneath your 3D Fiber Lashes. Yes, the insert that comes with Younique’s mascara says to use over regular mascara, but as you know, all mascaras are not the same. Try using your 3D Fiber Lashes without regular mascara underneath. You just might like it. Note: I don’t use regular mascara underneath the Younique mascara. It’s my preference and I’ve found that I like my lashes better when I’m only using Younique’s. If you are adamant about using mascara underneath, make sure you are using a “lengthening” mascara and not a “thickening” mascara as this can cause clumps. I’ve used Ulta’s Legendary Lengths Mascara underneath with no problem.
2) Using too much gel or fibers. Sometimes when you first start using the gel, a lot of it gets on the lash brush. Try scraping a good amount of it off. Use less gel and less fibers, and build “layers” versus trying to achieve the look with one coat. The mascara is buildable so use less, just more coats. For example: gel, fibers, gel. Let sit for 30 seconds then gel, fibers, gel again.
3) Not letting the fibers set long enough. If you don’t let the fibers set long enough and stick to the gel, it can cause the fibers to stick to the wand. Below is my method to applying 3D Fiber Lashes. Switching off between eyes gives the fibers time to set and won’t come off on the gel wand, which can cause clumping. Try applying Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara in this order:
Gel eye 1.
Gel eye 2.
Fibers eye 1.
Fibers eye 2.
Gel eye 1 to seal it up.
Gel eye 2 to seal it up.
Repeat to continue building on the length/thickness.
I also recommend having a lash comb in your makeup bag in case you need to separate any of your lashes. Younique sells a fantastic, sturdy lash comb/brow brush for only $20 that separates, tames, and declumps lashes. I have a couple lashes that seem to always group together and this comb is perfect for splitting the two up. Shop for the brush here.
Additional resources: A few months back, I wrote a post with FAQs about the 3D Fiber Mascara. Read it here. Let me know if you have any questions!
I don’t wear a ton of makeup, mainly because I just don’t have the time for it. I try to keep it simple most of the time with mascara, face powder if I have any breakouts, and of course lipgloss. When I’m going out to an event, dinner, special occasion, etc., I’ll add eyeshadow, blush or bronzer, eyeliner and another coat or two of my mascara. Below are my summer makeup essentials that I use for everyday wear. Nothing fancy, but all great products that help me achieve a pulled together look.
Step 1: Curl eyelashes.
Step 3: Comb out lashes once gel is dry to help separate lashes if needed.
Which lip gloss I wear depends on my mood and how much I feel like getting dolled up. Loveable is my favorite color and I keep this in purse most days because I’m always in the mood to wear it. Ladylike is more for a night out. I’m not a huge fan of red lips on myself so I only use this one for special occasions. Luxe is a perfect nude that I wear when I’m not feeling like putting on anything besides my 3D Fiber Lash mascara.
The lightweight formula of Touch Pressed Powder covers imperfections and evens out my skintone, while feeling like I don’t have any makeup on. The powder is great for the summer heat (or even the fog if you live in Pacifica). I went to a girlfriend’s outdoor BBQ birthday party in 80 degree heat and this powder kept me from getting shiny. I hate the feeling of makeup caked on my face and I wouldn’t buy any powder or foundation that does that. This powder is lightweight, yet I don’t need to reapply every chance I get like my last powder that I had used for years.
I have bags under my eyes (thanks genetics). I’ve been wanting to try a more permanent solution and I heard that you can find help at blog.reneerouleau.com, so my plan is to have a good read through the advice and products they offer and try and tackle them for good; I’ve heard they are often just a result of a lack of sleep and dehydrated skin, so my finger and toes are crossed. But until then I have simply been applying Boi-ing concealer by Benefit ($20) to my under-eyes. Using this alone, however, it tends to crease and does not cover the blue-ness of my bags. My solution: I also use Moodstruck Minerals Concealer ($29) under my eyes, over the Boi-ing. That stops the creasing and covers the blueness of my bags.
For my eyebrows, I use a crease brush ($15) to apply a little bit of what’s left of my Stila Brow Set in Fair. I think the product has actually been discontinued because I can’t seem to find it anywhere (besides Ebay).
What are your essential summer makeup products?
Every other month I’m on the hunt for new mascara. I hadn’t found “The One” and was constantly switching brands. Thickening, lengthening, extreme, full, voluminous. I tried them all and nothing was really working. I wanted the volume, the thickness, and the lengthening all at once. Lucky for me, a friend introduced Younique’s 3D Fiber Mascara and I am hooked.
About Younique’s 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara:
The simple three-step process combines Transplanting Gel and Natural Fibers to help create the appearance of incredible thickness and volume to your existing lashes. Watch as your lashes transform into something you have only dreamed of! The 3D Fiber Lashes are water resistant but easily washes off with warm water and facial cleanser at the end of the day. Try it! It will quickly become your favorite makeup must-have!
Want to try Younique’s Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes mascara for yourself? Click HERE.
Watch this tutorial for applying the Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes mascara.
If you’re like me, you have way too many half-used products on your vanity, spewed across the bathroom counter, and probably filling the cabinets to the brim. While some of the products I can (and should!) part with, there are others I just can’t do without.
1. essie nail color, turquoise & caicos, $8
2. Maybelline The Colossal Volum’ Express Mascara, Classic Black, $5.99
3. Sephora: Ojon Dry Recovery™ Hydrating Conditioner To Go: Intensive, $9
4. Living Proof Full Thickening Cream 3.7 oz, $26
5. Rosebud Perfume Co. Rosebud Salve 0.8 oz, $6
6. Revlon ColorStay Overtime Liquid Lipcolor, Non-Stop Cherry, $7.99
7. Benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing, $19
8. Redken – Extreme Anti-Snap, $15
9. Beyond the Zone Rock On Volumizing Powder, $7.29
What are your favorite products?